Statistics can prove anything, but two things don't need to be proven:
1. The best place to live the way you like is North America.
2. The best places to achieve what you want is the City of New York,
Or El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciúncula.
There is a striking contrast between these two.
1. First of all – New York is not a place of calamities.
It is Safe as a Skyscraper.
There are no wildfires, mudslides, medflies, floods, car chases, thrill kills, masked rioters, or incessant underground activity.
When remains of a tropical mega-hurricane finally reach your NY apartment, all you should do is to throw the window open and enjoy the fresh air.
2. Second of all – New York City is Smoke Free. There are no nearby mountains to trap the poisonous clouds.
They say that first Californian Smog Alerts were reported in the pre-Columbus time.
3. The third – you don't have to say: “Chinatown!” after drinking from a dirtied water fountain.
Yes, New York has one of the best harbors in the world. Which is fog-and-ice-free, calm, protected, and easily accessible. But much more important – the city has its own Great Stream.
Something that fascinated German visitors call the American Rhine.
Photo by Barcoder96 (CC: BY-SA)
Also Known As:
“The Beautifulest River on Earth.”
“The Gothic Sea.”
“The Lordly, Lovely Hudson.”
“The First Idea of the World-River.”
Overall New York has over 70,000 miles of rivers and streams. At the same time, South California has to steal water from the Nevada desert.