Golden Apple is the symbol of Our City.
I can see that a lot of people like to use the School Assignment Method: they post altered extracts from Internet sources without mentioning these sources.
My entry was a part of my son's school research. I know that he found out this information in paper encyclopedias:
* Old English Appel meant any fruit.
* Dutch named this place New Orange.
* The Sanskrit word Narange became the Latin Aurangia, “Golden Apple.”
* Two the oldest (!) words in English language derived from the Indo-European Gol & Apal.
* This is what I personally told him about the Bible: Adam never ate any apples.
Muslims insist it was a banana, non-Muslims split on a pomegranate or an apricot.
Fort Greene Dad